Followers

Thursday, 26 May 2011

Craft US Crazy challenge

Where does the time go?  Sorry this post is late (again) I've been having problems getting into Blogger.  Still, I'm here now, so onto this weeks challenge.
 
This weeks challenge is in honor of Memorial Day coming up..so our theme is REMEMBRANCE AND/OR LOVE!!!! I know that some folks don't celebrate Memorial's Day or just choose to make a project outside of Memorial Day, so of course this challenge is open to however you interpret the challenge. I do want to say a personal note to all those that have had family members serve in our Armed Forces, whether in the United States or International. Our loss is the same, no one hurts more than the other, so my thanks and heartfelt gratitude goes out to each and every one that has a family member or loved one that has given their life in the line of duty, so that we may have the life we have today! Thank you to all of them!!! 


We want all crafters to feel welcome, so if your crafting medium fits our challenge, then we welcome you to join! Whether it be sewing, scrapbooking, altering, cardmaking, candle making, whatever!! We hope you'll be joining us!!

Our sponsor for this challenge is......

 and the prize that's up for grabs is a....
So here is my project for the challenge - it is on the Love theme as here in the UK we celebrate Remembrance day in November.  However my thoughts are always with those who serve in the armed forces and their families.  It is very close to my heart as I am married to a former soldier.
Anyway here is my card;




This is an 8 x 8 square card so larger than usual for me.  I have used Ladybug Tilda and colored her with Distress inks.  The hearts were cut on my Cricut and the script is a Stamp Addicts stamp gold embossed.  The paper is Basic Grey Mellow and the sentiment is a rub on I have had for ages.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the ribbon is from my stash.  I was quite pleased with how this turned out as I was concerned that the paper didn't realy fit but in the end I think it worked quite well ;o)
I hope you like it!
I'll be entering this into the Wild Orchid Challenge
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card. I love the color combo you used. It's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fab card Sam I love that cute Tilda and all the elements great work hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete