I began by making the backgrounds which I stamped with the peacock feather from the Vintage Lingerie stamp plate (by Creative Expressions) - I used Versamark and then clear embossing powder. Once heated and cooled I then inked over the top with Tim Holtz distress inks in peacock feathers and victorian velvet and finally around the edges with vintage photo. I layered this onto some core' dinations card. Next I used fusible fibres and film to make 3 corsets from the same stamp plate. I used several different colours of fibre, inked up the stamp with archival black, laid the fibres on the top and then some baking parchment then ironed with my craft iron (you have to be careful not to over heat them or else your fibres go dull). On one corset I used just fibres, on the second I used fibres sandwiched between two pieces of film and on the third I used fibres but used extras at the bottom of the corset and rather than cutting this one right out I left a 'skirt' of fibres at the bottom. I pierced holes in each corset for the laces and used fine wire in the two outer corsets and on the centre one I used an eyelash fibre. I layered the corsets onto a nestabilitie which I embossed through my Grand Calibur using the 'walrus and carpenter' embossing folder from Couture Creations. I stamped my sentiments and heat embossed with pearlescent interference embossing powder which gives it a pinky/violet sheen which is really hard to pick up on the camera. I added some silky crush ribbon, a feather, pins and a little coil of wire to finish the card and did the inside of the card to match.
I have to say that the photos don't do this card justice and I am really pleased with it ;o) I hope you like it too .