Followers

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ladybug Crafts March challenge

Happy 1st of March to everyone ;o)  The 1st of the month means that there is a new challenge over at Ladybug Crafts .
This month the challenge is - The Colour Blue.
Blue isn't a colour I use too often which was really the inspiration behind the challenge.  So I have got my spray inks out and my salt and I played to make some backgrounds and I have to say I really do love getting inky.  
Anyway, this is what I ended up with for this challenge;





I used radiant rain dabbers and also some dylusions and splodged (technical term!) them around on some white linen cardstock.  I then added lots of chunky sea salt and put them aside to dry.  Once dry I rubbed all of the salt away and was left with some amazing backgrounds - I really love this salt technique - the trouble is I run out of room to dry all the pieces of card that I have inked and salted so they end up all over the house!!  
I used an Indigo Blu Happy Birthday stamp and heat embossed it with black powder which had interference micas in it so it has a bluey/green sheen to it which I'm not sure is picked up in the photos.  I took some more of my backgrounds and made some little paper roses.  I added some silky crush ribbon and glued the roses on top and added some die cut leaves.  Really quite simple but I love it ;o)  Because there is mica in the inks I used there is a real glimmer to the background.
I hope you like my salty background too.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment