Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Birthday card for my husband

Hi everyone - well I have had an 'eventful' start to the New Year and I have to say I hope it hasn't set the tone for the whole year LOL.  One of our doggies was quite poorly over the New Year and so we have had a couple of trips to the vets and a hefty bill, then the central heating stopped working and we were without heat for a weekend (which isn't too bad when you consider some people have to live with no heat but I am spoilt and the cold makes my condition flare up!) and my husband has had toothache pretty much solidly since a trip to the dentist over a week a go but can't return until next week as they are waiting for an inlay to be made!!  So, hopefully that's the drama over for the whole year LOL

Anyway I thought I would share the card I made for Steve's birthday which was on the 23rd December as I was really quite pleased with it and he loved as he has an obsession with donkeys - he just loves them so I used a fab Meljen's designs digi which I've been saving for the occasion for ages;




The image is coloured with Copics and I added a little glossy accents to the eyes and the hearts.  I used papers from Dovecraft layered on Kraft cardstock and distressed (with my fab Zutter Distrezz-it-all, which I love) and inked all the edges.  The ribbon is from Creative Expressions and is just lush and in this brown it is just as suitable for a man's card.  The sentiment and bunting stamps are Anna Griffin and I heat embossed with pearlescent green powder and then cut out and inked the edges.  I added some drops of cocoa brown cosmic shimmer glue to the edges.  I did the inside to match but I haven't shown that here as I only got a chance to take a photo after I had written it so my scruffy scrawl would have ruined it somewhat LOL.
I just love this little donkey ;o)

xxx

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card...love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Samantha, you have had a bad start - things can only get better though. I love the image, he is so cute, and the heat embossing is stunning. I agree the ribbon is great for men's cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and great detailing. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colouring on the Donkey Sam and the fabulous detail, particularly the ribbon. It is lush.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous card Sam, the colours are wonderful......and wouldn't think the donkey was adorable xxx

    Claire
    (Crafty Bloggers Network DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh...bet your husband loved this card...The ribbon detail is fabulous. i have that ribbon and have never used it as I am afraid to get it slightly askew...this weaving look would hide that! Thanks for the idea!
    Adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the image xx

    ReplyDelete