Followers

Friday 6 May 2011

Card for a teenager

Well it's a very long time since I was sixteen so I find it quite hard to do cards for teenagers.  However, I was asked to do a 16th birthday card for a grandad to give to his granddaughter.  I was really worried that what I came up with would disappoint so took ages trying to decide what to do.  Anyway here is what I ended up with;




The stamp is from Bildmalarna and is called you and me.  It is available here ..
The papers are Basic Grey - Cappella I think.  I cut out her name on my Cricut along with the 16 on the front and inside the card, and distressed all the papers with Distress inks  . The image itself is coloured with Aqua markers.  The flowers and lace was from Wild Orchid crafts.
I thought this was a nice card as not too babyish but representative of how a granddad always sees his granddaughter as a little girl.
I made a nice box for it to go in too.
Well I was still nervous about it but he was really pleased with it so I was chuffed with that in the end.  I just hope Jessica liked it too ;o)
I hope you like it too.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment