Followers

Thursday 2 October 2014

Quilled flowers

 
Hi everyone, I'm here again :)
I thought today I would share a card that uses the beautiful Crafter's Companion quilled flower dies.
 
I used the Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock as a base layer and embossed it with a Sheena
embossing folder Sunflower Meadow.  I sanded it back to reveal the bright yellow underneath.
 
The sentiment is also  from Sheena's range and embossed in black powder so it's really glossy.
 
I used 2 of the quilling dies, the Sunflower large and Sunflower small.
I cut several out of Core'dinations card and wrapped them around.  I made a large flower using both sizes and a small one.
 
I added some small foliage pieces behind the flowers.  I also made a flower out of yellow felt - I liked this so much I added a brooch pin to the back so the recipient of the card can remove it from the card and add to a coat or a bag :)
 
To finish the card I added a big bow and did the inside of the card to match :)
 
Yellow isn't a colour that I use too often but I do love it and it is great with the black too -
what do you think?
 
 







 
xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment