Followers

Thursday 31 March 2011

Craft US Crazy #5


This weeks challenge is HAPPY EASTER and/or SPRING!!!! We would love to see your projects using an EASTER or SPRING theme! We want all crafters to feel welcome, so if your crafting medium fits our challenge, then we welcome you to join! Whether it be sewing, scrapbooking, altering, cardmaking, candle making, whatever!! We hope you'll be joining us!!

Our sponsor for this challenge is......
 For Peggy's Etsy Shop...
Photobucket
For her ebay shop:
A little about Peggy Loves Vintage....
My husband and I have shared 36 years together and we have 2 sons and a daughter and 2 glorious grandkids ages 3 and 6.

I started collecting vintage cards quite by accident. I was helping with my aunts estate sale and ran across her collection. The cards were so wonderful that I fell in love with them and have been collecting them ever since.

I love to get a new vintage scrapbook and read all about the lives and times of the individual. Some of their stories are truly inspiring.
Be sure and visit my blog where you'll find some great inspiration, tips, tricks and some free vintage images for you to use.

I'm really excited about being an sponsor for Craft Us Crazy and sharing these beautiful vintage images with you. I hope that you come to love them as much as I do.

Peggy Loves Vintage is offering 5 different cut outs to our winner, that's a $17.50 Value...what an awesome prize for a lucky winner!!! Thanks Peggy for sponsoring our challenge and for donating some awesome images for our DT to work with!! We appreciate everything!

Also we have a brand new monthly sponsor for the month of April..and that would be the one and only..... 
 and the prize that's up for grabs, for a lucky Top 3 winner at the end of the month is a....
 
I have gone with the Spring part of the theme and done something a little different;




So I have made a notebook using my Cinch.  I took two chipboard pieces for the front and the back and then painted them in dark acrylic paint.  I let this dry completely then painted with PVA glue.  Then before this dried totally I painted a layer of lighter coloured acrylic paint (although normal emulsion works just as well) then dried it all with my heat gun which resulted in the lovely crackle background.  I then stamped the butterfly and the roses in pale stazon ink.  I then painted with acrylic paints.  When this was dry I re-stamped over the top of the butterfly with Perfect medium and used some gold sparkle embossing powder to get the outline.  I then stamped and embossed the words.  I punched the holes in it with my cinch along with some notepaper and threaded it onto my wire. 

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and I am in love with the paint fusion technique!

I hope you like my notebook and that you will join in at our challenge too.

xxx
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful notebook!! Those butterflies are just gorgeous
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Sam this is so absolutely beautiful!! I want one so bad!! This is so stunning!!! You did such an amazing job on this notebook. Again it is just so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,
    This is gorgeous! Love the butterflies, its just perfect!
    Hugs,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete