Followers

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Mother's day card and a challenge!

Back again!!  Thought I would share the card I've made for my mum for Mother's day which I am also going to enter into the Just Magnolia and hAnglar and sTanglar challenge.  This week it is favourite colour combo and I am loving these colours so thought it would qualify ;o)
 The colours don't show brilliantly in these photos but the reds and browns go really nicely together and I am loving this colour combination.
 So this card isn't just a card but a little box with drawers with an easel card on the top.  The image is an H & S from the new attitude kit which I coloured with Pro markers.  The sentiment is a Lili of the Valley. 

The papers are from K & Company but I can't remember which range as they are from a huge pad I've had for ages but the front sheet is missing so I am clueless as to what's what!!


 The image is set on nestie shapes and the ribbon is seam binding that has been lightly distressed (like me) with Vintage Photo distress ink.  There are 2 little heart charms hanging from the bow.

The flowers are made from 6 small nestie shapes sprayed with water, crumpled up with a brad through the middle and then fiddled with to make them look like peonies.  I set them on a couple of die cut flowers from the Magnolia Doo Hickey range.
 I added some lace to the easel bar from my stash.
 The drawers are lined with some mirri type card and the drawer 'handles' are hitch fasteners from Tim Holtz's idea-ology range. 

For the actual box/drawers I looked at lots of tutorials online and then adjusted measurements to fit my score buddy.
The base card has been punched around the page with a Martha Stewart lace punch.
To finish off I added a Doo Hickey tag with a bit of ribbon.

Sorry this has been a long post but thought it was worth the explanation.
Hope my mum likes it!!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sam, this is STUNNING, I'm sure your Mum will love & treasure it
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sam! WOW! What a stunning creation! It's absolutely gorgeous hun :) You mum will definitely LOVE it, don't have any doubts about it!
    Hugs, Meesh. xx

    ReplyDelete